Bronze and Copper Lantern from Dublin Ireland Precision Made c1930's (5) AvailAntique Item
Named the Dublin Lantern for the City of Dublin, Ireland and made from Solid Heavy Bronze with a Copper Dome. The Bronze and Copper Lanterns were installed in the City of Dublin in 1938 by Mr F. X. Algar, who was then head of the Lighting Section of the Irish Electricity Supply Board. From extensive research we have come to the conclusion that Bleeco, on St Martin’s Place Brighton England probably produced the Lanterns. Bleeco was founded in 1921 in Brighton by Ernest Heaps, who remained its managing director until 1961 when the firm was purchased by Haven Foundries. We have a total of (5) Dublin Copper and Bronze Lanterns available, while the other (4) have dual Holophane inter glass shades and reeded frosted glass panels. Old Plank has been importing from Ireland since 1992 and these (5) Dublin Holophane Bronze and Copper Lanterns must be one of our all-time favorite discoveries. Not only are the Dublin Lanterns beautiful, but their build quality is unbelievable for they are like precision works of art, rather than commercial lighting. Completely rewired and ready to install. The bend glass panes are all in perfect condition with no cracks. The green patina is original and has not been altered.
- Shop By Era:
- 19th Century
- Country of Manufacture: